Type of contractPermanent
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a System Engineer for Avionics Projects. Our client is a technological leader for safety and security in two main domains that are Defense and Security on one side, and Aerospace and Transportation on the other side. The company is specialized in the design, development and supply of critical information systems.
The System Engineer for Avionics Projects will perform key aspects of Systems #Engineering and Integration, Verification, Validation and Qualification.
The System Engineer for Avionics Projects needs a good understanding of telecommunication, both in the field of radio communication and in digital network technology.
He or she shall have a good experience in certification and shall be familiar with standards as DO-160F, DO-178B, DO-254, and equivalent military standards.
- Understand and analyse the customer's needs throughout the complete LifeCycle of a project: business development, bid phase, project execution and after sales support ;
- Find the best solution and support the architecture definition to meet the customer requirements ;
- Support the architectural design together with the solutions architect and take the lead in the system specifications process ;
- Assure that the system and its sub-components (hardware and software design) are consistent and in line with the specifications and requested functionalities ;
- Steer and manage the realization of the proposed solution together with the other team members and project management ;
- Interface with the customer, for the technical related aspects of the solution ;
- Organize/ participate to the make team buy process ;
- Assemble the solution/product elements in a logical and controlled manner to evaluate the design, behaviour, interactions and performance, and to confirm that all requirements against which the solution/product has been designed are fulfilled ;
- Influence, consult with and build collaborative working relationships with business leadership to help meet long term project objectives ;
- Conduct risk assessments, evaluate alternative strategies, develop recommendations and ensure responsive communication with business representatives, and third party vendors ;
- Provide informal work coordination and leadership/coaching to less experienced staff.
- Master degree and at least 5 to 7 years of broad based Systems Engineering experience in the Aerospace domain.
- Good knowledge of telecommunication technology in Radio domain : HF, UHF, VHF, SATCOM, both on equipment and system integration level (antenna system, collocation, interference, ...).
- Knowledge of crypto equipment is a plus.
- Good knowledge of IT (infrastructure and applied) technology : LAN, WAN, IP Routing, firewall, VoIP (SIP, conferencing).
- Prior experience with architecture processes, strategies and standards is required.
- Consulting and advisory experience with demonstrated skills in translating business requirements to technical solutions is necessary.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical integrations, technologies and processing environments.
- Strong work coordination and planning skills.
- Demonstrated initiative to learn new technologies, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to present and discuss highly complex technical information to users with varying technical expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including excellent presentation skills.
- French or Dutch native level; fluent in English (professional capacity). Prepared for frequent travel abroad.
- An environment that fosters personnel development of all collaborators and offers opportunities for evolution within an international group;
- A company which at the forefront of innovation
- To become part of a large group
- A market-consistent salary
Interested in this position? Send us your resume by completing your application form via the button below !
Job Reference: 463
Salary per: Zero
Job Start Date: